While may be the 'correct' term, I've never come across anyone who uses that term, instead, everyone uses , and as such the tag should be renamed. Thoughts?

  • "Minifig" is simply a short form. It started off as "minifigure". Commented Oct 26, 2011 at 10:33

2 Answers 2


The official product line is LEGO Minifigures and it's not an obtrusively long tag or question title, so I have to disagree - minifigures rather than minifigs. It also works better for search. A search for minifig will match minifigure but not the other way around.

  • 3
    I agree, I prefer "Minifigure" as they, after all, are miniture figure, rather than just small figs...which would be just odd.
    – tombull89
    Commented Oct 26, 2011 at 10:00

Are we talking about the collectables product line Minifigures, or the more general "Mini Figures" that are found in the Pick-a-brick selector?

Category: Mini Figures

Do we care about that distinction?

  • the keyword must be minifigure as spaces are not allowed. minifig and mini figure should be considered synonims.
    – jfyelle
    Commented Oct 28, 2011 at 19:26
  • 1
    @jfyelle I know, that's what hyphens are for ;) It's just that Joe was using as justification "the official product line is minifigures" but that is the collectable packets, rather than the generic term for the figures. That said, as we're hoping to catch google searches for "minifig", we won't do that if there's a hyphen ;) Commented Oct 29, 2011 at 6:25

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .