Some of you may be aware that as a TLG-recognized community we receive an annual support package. This is a box of LEGO sets that belong to our community to use for events, projects, promotions, and marketing. These are frequently used by LUGs and other communities for building events, prizes, or other giveaways.
Annual Support comes with a number of stipulations. The key ones are:
- Any LEGO element or LEGO product (purchased or free of charge) acquired through the LEGO Ambassador Network Support Programs is offered solely for the use of the Recognized Community and its members and cannot be sold, resold or handed over to the public.
- Support in any capacity, is offered solely for the personal use of participating RLUG/RLFM/RLOC members; discounted and/or free of charge items are under no circumstances to be resold or given to the public.
Many communities have several things that we do not that make it clearer what to do with these items:
- In person meetings making it easy to use these items for group purposes.
- In person events making it free and easy to give these items away.
- A popular public-facing web space to use for reviews that drive traffic and interest for the community.
- A budget that can be used for staffing and/or shipping to send out these items as contest prizes, giveaways, or other purposes.
Basically, I'm soliciting ideas for what to do with a box of LEGO sets that was given to us.
Update: Here are the sets we were given if it's helpful:
- Ideas: Fishing Store (21310), Women of NASA (21312)
- Architecture: Sydney (21032), Shanghai (21039)
- Brick Headz: Rey, Kylo, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash
- Technic: 42074, 42077
- Creator: 31072, 31075, 31080, 31074
- Classic: 10712, 10715
Update 2: We're going to run with Phil's suggestion. I've created a separate question for specific proposals here: 2018 Annual Support Proposals