There's been some discussion previously about how to make use of our quarterly Activity Support provided by TLG. Here's an excerpt regarding LEGO Online Community Activity Support for those who may not be familiar:
The purpose of RLFM/RLOC Activity Support is to provide Recognized LEGO Fan Media (RLFM) and Recognized LEGO Online Communities (RLOC) the opportunity to do online activities and reviews outside of the marketing offerings of the LEGO Group. Any use of the support provided is to be within the LEGO® Brand Values and requires the RLFM/RLOC to clearly indicate that the products are provided by the LEGO® Group.
Examples of online activities
- Reviews of LEGO sets or themes
- Competitions where LEGO sets are used for inspiration and/or prizes
- Live builds
- Token of appreciation to community members
The level of support One request can include products worth no more than: 500 EUR
Please use your local Shop@Home as reference for products availability and German Shop@Home for prices before you fill up the order document. If you don´t have a local Shop@Home, please use German Shop@Home for prices and assortment availability as reference. Discounted product prices cannot be used for reference, it must be the full price.
Please note that products NOT available on your local Shop@Home cannot be ordered. If you order a product not available, it won´t be replaced. We also recommend you to not request products out of stock or in backlog as we cannot ensure delivery.
If there is interest, I'd like to split up our Q3 Activity Support between a few members to create engaging and useful content for our community. This would be similar to what we did with our 2018 Annual Support, except we have control over which sets to select.
We can ship to up to 5 different addresses, and request up to 500 EUR of sets, so keep that in mind if you create a proposal. Proposals up to 100 EUR should be easy to work in, but more than that will need stronger justification, as you may be eating into funds that could have been allocated to another member.
I will be accepting proposals here until June 30th. I'm very open to input from anyone on this process. However, because I have to report back to TLG how these sets were used, final decisions over what is approved will be at my discretion. Important factors for me will be community feedback for a users proposal (via comments and votes here), as well as the quality of content that a user generally creates.
Users submitting proposals must meet the following requirements:
- You must have earned at least 200 rep in 2020 or 1k rep total.
- You may not resell these sets. This is a TLG requirement.
- The requested set(s) need to be prominently featured in at least one question. Your question(s) should be part of the proposal to receive your set(s). The question will likely be self-answered by you and should be tagged as activity-support. Alternatively, I'm open to other non-Q&A creative uses of these sets as well (social media campaigns, etc) as long as they serve the core purpose of our community.
- You must be committed to completing your proposed work within 2 weeks of receiving your sets.
If inspiration is helpful, here's an example from one of our users who created some excellent content using support from TLG:
We're moving forward with these three proposals.