Any sufficiently complex deterministicity is indistinguishable from stochasticity.
Postdoc of physics dealing with complex systems, chaos theory, scientific computing, networks, analysis methods, and theoretical ecology. To get an idea what I am doing, take a look at my publications or this journalistic report on my work.
My username is pronounced [ˈvʀ̩ʦl̩ˌpʀm̩ft] and comes from a list of names you should not give to your child, which in turn got it from this guy.
Member for 3 years, 6 months
5 profile views
Last seen 11 hours ago
- Academia♦ 35.9k 35.9k 1212 gold badges113113 silver badges191191 bronze badges
- German Language♦ 18.5k 18.5k 55 gold badges4949 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 16.4k 16.4k 55 gold badges5757 silver badges121121 bronze badges
- Graphic Design♦ 11.3k 11.3k 44 gold badges4646 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.5k 3.5k 2222 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 220 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 169 Is declining an undergraduate award which causes me discomfort appropriate?
- 159 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 154 I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?
- 127 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 124 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 108 Graduation, site closure, and a clearer outlook on the health of SE sites
- View more network posts →