In the interests of feeding my taxonomy OCD, I was looking at the current part-identification tag, and felt its use was a little haphazard:
We have about 17 items tagged "Part Identification", compared with 74 tagged "Identification".
For some added context:
- 15 questions are also tagged with sets asking about Set Identification (especially after I added that to a few others)
- 13 questions are only tagged Identification (note that the query is running on an archived dataset which takes a while for that to update with the changes I made to clean up some of the questions)
- 5 questions are only tagged "Part Identification"
Currently our "Piece Information" wiki states:
Use identification for questions about unknown pieces or sets.
- Do you think "Part Identification" stands on it's own?
- Do we need something else to help distinguish "part identification" from "set identification"?
- Should we create a similar "Set Identification" tag and remove "sets" from those questions instead?
- If we create "Set Identification" should we then retire "Identification"?